The organisers would like to thank all the participants for attending our workshop.
The workshop “Buildings and Symmetry”, Monday 25th September to Friday 29th September 2017, will be hosted at the School of Mathematics and Statistics of the University of Western Australia (Perth, Australia).
The theme of the workshop is relatively broad, including any aspects of buildings and related objects – although as indicated by the title there is an emphasis on symmetries/group theory/Lie theory aspects.
This will be part of the activities of the Centre for the Mathematics of Symmetry and Computation.
Dates: September 25 – 29, 2017
September is a lovely time to visit Perth: spring brings warm weather (but not too hot yet) and beautiful wild flowers.
- Peter Abramenko (University of Virginia)
- John Bamberg (The University of Western Australia)
- Rieuwert Blok (Bowling Green State University)
- Corina Ciobotaru (University of Fribourg)
- Arjeh Cohen (Technische Universiteit Eindhoven)
- Bart De Bruyn (Ghent University)
- Tom De Medts (Ghent University)
- Matthias Grüninger (Universität Würzburg)
- Corneliu Hoffman (University of Birmingham)
- Max Horn (Justus Liebig University Giessen)
- Bob Howlett (The University of Sydney)
- Nicolas Radu (Université catholique de Louvain)
- Guy Rousseau (Université de Lorraine)
- Jeroen Schillewaert (University of Auckland)
- Don Taylor (The University of Sydney)
- Richard Weiss (Tufts University)
- Stefan Witzel (Bielefeld University)
Alice Devillers (local organiser), Bernhard Mühlherr, James Parkinson, and Hendrik Van Maldeghem